HUPTI’s Protective Measures for COVID-19
HUPTI is committed to protecting the health and safety of our patients, visitors and employees during the COVID-19 (commonly referred to as coronavirus) pandemic. Therefore, to ensure the safety of everyone, HUPTI will be asking each patient and employee about their recent travel history and if they are currently exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- Temperature of 100.4 F or higher
- Difficulty breathing and/or shortness of breath
If you have a high fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or shortness of breath, you should:
- Seek medical care immediately at your local emergency room or your PCP, and
- Contact HUPTI (Call us at 757.251.6800) before your scheduled appointment for additional instructions.
If you do not have any of these symptoms, and are a patient receiving treatment at HUPTI, we ask you to do the following:
- Attend your appointment alone, if it is necessary for someone to accompany you, that person must be 18 years of age or older.
- Plan to arrive at your appointment no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Reminder: All prostate patients must drink 24 oz. of water 20 minutes prior to their scheduled treatment time.
Effective immediately HUPTI will implement the following precautions:
- Restrict incoming business or community visitors.
- Limit and/or cancel work-related meetings and work-related social gatherings.
- Cancel all participation at community and educational events.
- Discontinue serving refreshments.
- Discontinue large gatherings, including graduation celebrations. Graduations will only consist of ringing the bell.
Protection against respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth and cover your sneeze or cough in your elbow.
- Practice social distancing by staying away from large crowds and putting at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Stay home when sick.
- Wipe down and disinfect frequently.
- Avoid handshakes and hugs.
U.S. Government response to coronavirus:
HUPTI will update this information in a continued effort to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.